The Snow Riders Winter Break Festival
Posted by Lindsey on Jan 22, 2013
From January 6-10, 2013; Steve and I were at the Snow Riders Winter Break Festival. This was the 5th annual event at Sunday River in Maine. It was the gem of the larger ‘College Week’ event at Sunday River.
- Handle of Deep Eddy Vodka per room
- Hot tub village by Vitamin Water
- 2 nights skiing and accomidations for less than a 2-day ski pass (1-night, 3-night, and 5-night packages were also available and for just as good of a deal)
- Awesome music till 3AM every night
- Good vibes
- Free snacks and drinks curtesy of Vitamin Water, Unreal Candy, and KIND bars.
- Free AeroShot energy
- Open trails, untouched powder
- I got to fire hoop for the first time!
One of my favorite things about this fest is, like FestObsessed, this Winter Break Fest is by the people, for the people. The guys who organized the event are good people. They made an effort to talk to everyone on the trip, more than 200 people, so that was impressive and appreciated. While we were there, we handed off one of our favorite products – a Moldabowl - to one of the organizers, Chris.
This great mini-festival is one event of many by The Snow Riders, which is an entertainment and promotion company lead by a group of brothers. In addition to the Winter Break Festival, they also host Snow Trips throughout the year – where they will bus you from Boston to various New England mountains for less than the face value of a life ticket. They also host film events, as well as Urban Sessions at local bars: